Teenage Problems/moving schools?

Should i ask to move schools?
So, in sixth grade I moved from Tallahassee, FL to a small town in Georgia. The transition was very tough and I easily became bored with the new surroundings. I suffered from severe depression and anxiety. I struggled with being accepted and judged by others due to my sexuality. I fell in love with someone and due to the closed minded-ness of this Bible Belt town... I was no longer able to be with that person and my life started to crumble. I hate the school here, and I hate the vibe that is given off by most of it's inhabitants. I do have a few good friends, but the environment just does not benefit me. I have missed 34 days of school this year, and I am terrified I will not pass the 9th grade. I just do not feel the motivation that all other normal teenagers feel. What is wrong with me? My mom mentioned moving again, to St. Augustine, FL, near the beach. Would that be a better environment for me? Would it benefit me, or would I continue to fail and sink further behind my fellow classmates? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Alaina,

Thank you for writing to me.  I have to answer you from my outlook on school.  School is such an important part of ones life. Don't think for one moment that I do not understand what you are going through because I do understand.  You are going to have to make your education your primary focus in your life.

People will always be people and you cannot change some of their small minds. However, you cannot change any minds, especially your own, without an education. Once you change your focus and not place it on a relationship but on your education, you will improve your grades and look forward to better, meaningful,  and successful relationships when you are mentally ready. You will thrive in any school, in any state, and any environment.

You are too young for a meaningful relationship at this time.  As you mature  you are going to meet so many wonderful people and blossom into an awesome person with a lot of wisdom and knowledge to bring to a relationship and the rest of the people's opinions will not matter.

Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.