Teenage Problems/Why do white Americans of whom a DNA test

Question
Why do white Americans of whom a DNA test proves are 100 percent of European decent look nothing like native Europeans? All US born children that have a European born mother look like native Europeans and it should be impossible to tell that they are born in the United States other than the fact they speak English with an American accent, if they have an American father that a DNA test proves are 100 percent of European decent.

Answer
The white Americans of European descent do not necessarily marry someone of the same ethnic group. A polish girl will marry an Italian boy. An Irish boy will marry a german girl or a French girl who is probably not 100 per cent French. The USA is one large melting pot. I know some people who have married native American boys or girls. In the current age we have American boys and girls marrying Asian boys and girls. In past ages and even in the USA people married within their own native country peoples. People usually married someone from their same town or village. So it was easy to keep the ethnic groups the same. To this day not everyone likes it when you marry outside your own ethnic group. Before the widespread use of the automobile, you generally married someone who you went to school with or with whom you worked with. The tendency of people to marry people that are in their circle of acquaintenaces is called "propinquity".  I do not know if there is an equivalent dutch word for it but it means we tend to marry people we know from work or school or people who live where we live.

Thank you for your question.

Teenage Problems

Jonathan