Teenage Problems/Help me

Question
Okay so I like this guy that I've known through whatsapp( a chat messenger on a mobile) we went out three times. The first he only came and said hi and the second two he went out with me but my bestfriend was with me. I didn't want to meet him alone. The. We used to talk like everyday. And he wanted to surprise me on my prom night and come see me but he told me to call him when I arrive there and I didn't. I felt that he was so interested in me and then all of a sudden he ignored me he didn't call or text or anything and then he apologized and said he has exams. Then the same thing happened again a few days ago but this time I really feel like he's ignoring me. And when I texted him I was like what's wrong he said nothing I know I don't ask but finals are almost coming up. He keeps giving excuses and I feel now that he lost interest in me. Do you think he lost interest in me? I'm not going to talk to him again because the last thing is I texted him and he didn't answer. His birthday is coming up, he told me the day when we used to talk for hours, If I call him on his birthday he would think how come I still remember the day. And I have my finals too so I might be busy. Should I tell him happy birthday or no? And do you think he lost interest? What should I do now? I don't think he'll call me again. Please help me. Thank you :)

Answer
Hi Nadine,

I think you should call and wish him a happy birthday. Everyone appreciates hearing that on their birthday. As far as him still being interested in you, I'm not sure. I mean there could be a million different reasons why he didn't respond to your text. I don't have much to go on other than he didn't respond to your text and he's giving you excuses.

Here's what I think you should do. If you want to know whether or not he's still interested in you, then ask him. It's the only way you'll truly know. If you still like him and you're interested in him, then talk to him. Wish him a happy birthday and see where it goes from there. He might respond to you and then you can converse from there.

Ask him what he's doing for his birthday and engage in a conversation with him. If he still talks to you, then ask him if he's still interested in you. Ask him if there's anything wrong or if you've done something to make him upset with you. Try to get to the bottom of it. But yes, definitely call and wish him a happy birthday.  

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock