Teenage Problems/Do you think he likes me

Hey. I have a prom with a Guy that I like.
We started talking since a couple of months we went out but in not really sure if I can call it a date. After we went out, he would talk to me for the whole night.
And then he would disappear for a few days and comes back with an excuse.
Then he becomes very sweet again and he says he wants to see me but he doesn't make an effor and when I tell him that he says I'm the one who calls you on the phone every time to arrange the outing, you should've called and stuff like that.
He even wanted to surprise me on my prom night so he said I'm near the hotel which is in it my prom. And he told me call me when you arrive I can see you but when I arrived I got really busy with a lot of things and I texted him after two hours but he had already left.
He called me once at 2 am we talked for like two hours and he said I used to ignore my ex girlfriend and I don't know why I do this. He said he doesn't like a girl to call him every single day. And he asked me what are the things I value in a man and he would ask me about the relationship thing. I don't know why there's so much in my mind but when he asked me I couldn't answer properly.
Anyways he knows I'm close minded and I'm not like the girls who date and sleep with their boyfriends.
So I don't think he's playing games with me right? We're acting like friends, soemtimes I feel like we're acting like best friends, and sometimes I feel it's flirting but I just can't understand him.
He's Gemini, and they're known for their split personalities.
He would become very nice then suddenly slip away and then come back. He might ignore my texts sometimes too. I called him a couple of days ago and we were talking on the phone when suddenly he answered another phone call which was one of his family member. He closed on me the phone and didn't day anything the rest of the day he didn't call or text or anything so I think this is a bit rude. It was his birthday the next day so I texted him and I told him I tried to call you but ur phone was off he said my phone ran out of charge. So I texted him I hope you had fun on your birthday but I kind of ignored his text for a day and a half. Then I sent it. Then he ignored me and he didn't send me anything again. It's been a few days.
I don't know if he likes me or not it's very complicated and I really like him. But I can't keep
up with his attitude!  I don't know why he does this and I really want him to stop and I told him I hate this and he keeps ignoring me. Do you think I should ignore him? Please tell me what I should do now! Thank you

Hi Maria,

I think you two need to establish your relationship. Are you friends or are you something more? This is what you two need to determine. You need to define the relationship. Instead of ignoring him, I think you should sit down and have a talk with him. Figure out where the relationship is going. You don't want to play games. You want to be honest with him and yourself. It seems like the relationship is up and down and that you two don't know where you stand in each others lives. Once you figure that out and have the talk with him, then everything will be a lot clearer.

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock

Even though I have no teenagers of my own, I've seen, heard and have experienced a lot of things dealing with teenagers. I take the experience of me being a teen along with the problems and issues teens have today and I offer my opinions and advice. Since I'm no longer in my teens, I'm wiser, which means that I can definitely guide you in the right direction when it comes to solving your problems.

Experience is a website that I am very proud to say that I am a part of. I created this site for teenagers all over. I wanted to give you a place where you could gain some knowledge, ask questions and see what your fellow teenagers can offer you. Teen-Babble is about sharing experiences, growing and becoming a better person. I am also part of my local Boys and Girls club where I hang out with teens about 3 times a day and help them with anything I can.

Boys and Girls Club

Western Michigan University