Teenage Problems/Parent problems

Okay so my parents want me to move back to nj with them but I want to stay here in tn, because I have college starting soon and I have a girlfriend here who I've been with for almost a year I'm 17 years old and don't want to go back my gf parents have power of attorney over me but my mom is threatening to get it revoked and get a court date set up to send me back to jersey with her, I'll be 18 in July in less than a month, but she don't care about anything I want or that is happening in my life now, I've tried talking to her but she just ignores me and it's hard to talk to her without her looking at me because she's deaf, she called the cops 2times already and they have told her that by revoking the power of attorney that I would be put into foster care and all she says is I don't care good send him there, and the only reason she has for wanting me to go back to nj is because she wants me to visit family but I have no time for that seeing as how I start college in 9 days. What should I do continue this battle or just give in and leave home when I turn 18? Please help ASAP.

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry that you're in this situation. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do until you turn 18. Your birthday is in a few days so once you turn 18 then you can do whatever it is that you want to do. If the power of attorney is revoked then you go into foster care but I'm not sure if it would even be worth it for them to do seeing as though you turn 18 in a few days. Just stick it out until your birthday because once you turn 18, you're legally an adult and you can do whatever it is you want to do.

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock

Even though I have no teenagers of my own, I've seen, heard and have experienced a lot of things dealing with teenagers. I take the experience of me being a teen along with the problems and issues teens have today and I offer my opinions and advice. Since I'm no longer in my teens, I'm wiser, which means that I can definitely guide you in the right direction when it comes to solving your problems.

Experience is a website that I am very proud to say that I am a part of. I created this site for teenagers all over. I wanted to give you a place where you could gain some knowledge, ask questions and see what your fellow teenagers can offer you. Teen-Babble is about sharing experiences, growing and becoming a better person. I am also part of my local Boys and Girls club where I hang out with teens about 3 times a day and help them with anything I can.

Boys and Girls Club

Western Michigan University