Teenage Problems/Wearing in Public

Should I wear things like this in public?

I have been thinking in whether I should wear things like leotards, bikinis and nightdresses into shops and in town as I am comfortable in those.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for this great question.  I am so sorry for this late response.  I have a couple of things for you to consider.

1.  Your comfort is not the most important thing.  As Christians, we are to live our lives putting others first.

“Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:” (Philippians 2:3–5, KJV 1900)

Jesus was always others centered and He wanted us to be too.

2.  It is very important not to stumble other people.  If you wear things that would draw attention to your body and perhaps tempt someone to think of you in an improper manner, that temptation is on you.

“Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.” (Romans 14:13, KJV 1900)

3.  The Bible commands us to dress modestly... or appropriately... dress in a way that will not call improper attention to ourselves.

“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.” (1 Timothy 2:9–10, KJV 1900)

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Teenage Problems

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am a father of four and a Baptist Pastor. Before becoming a senior pastor, I was a youth pastor and worker for over 10 years. If you ask this volunteer a question, you will get the benifit of 20 + years experience in the ministry and the counsel of the Bible, God`s perfect book. Feel free to ask any Biblical or moral questions.

I have been involved in pastoral type counseling for 20+ years. Most of my experience has been with chemical addiction, crisis intervention, and some types of severe mental illness. I have some secular training in those areas as well as a Bible College degree.

Evangelical Baptist Church

Revival Baptist Chronicles
The Fundamental Baptist Voice

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College in CLarks Summit PA
Various training seminars in, Co-occuring disorders, treatment of those who have been sexually abused, and Solution Focused Therapy.