Teenage Problems/I need to help my friend but I don't know how, I'm really worried about her.

Question
Hi thank you for reading this. I'm 18 years only and my friend is 17. She's in trouble and I'm terrified for her. She was one of the first people I've ever trusted and we've always been there for eachother. Since she was 15 she's been living with the boy who she met online. Her parents never cared or anything when she ran off.. Fast foreword to now. She's pregnaunt and I haven't spoken to her in weeks. Her boyfriend keeps breaking the phones I give her to buy he doesn't want her to have any contact with the outside world. He has hit and she's scared of him. He yells at her and makes her stay in the bedroom all the time. She  left to visit her mom once and he hacked his brother's account to spam her with threats. Last time I talked to her she needed money so she could home. I have heard from her since and I know what it's like to be that scared and I know what it's like to be emotionally abused. I know what she's feeling and all I do is what to help her but I don't know how.
Can you please help me??
I have no one in my life to ask..

Answer
Hi RJ,

Thank you for writing to me.  I am also concerned about your friend.  This is known as Domestic Violence.  Does her boyfriend work?  You have got to get a plan together.  You must be very careful. She has to have a plan when he leaves the house that she can get away.  Please be very careful.  He may have people looking out to see if she leaves the house.  Do you have her address?  If you see her to give her a phone, get her to go to a Domestic Violence shelter.  The problem with that is do she really want to get away from him.  If she does not and you help her to get into a shelter, it is just a matter of time before she will leave to go back with him.  

Respectfully,
Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee