Teenage Problems/My mom

Hi. I am 15 years old and my mom is my only parent as my dad died a few years ago. Sometimes I go into one of these moods when I just get angry over something and shout and yell and even throw things. A few days back when I got really angry my mom took me over her knee and spanked me. It was the first time she has spanked me since I was 10. The spanking hurt but it was not so bad. But after the spanking was over I felt very calm and sort of relieved. It was the way I used to feel when she spanked me when I was small. She hugged me later and said that she was very sorry for what happened and that she wouldn't do it again. But the weird part is that I feel like I need her to do it again when I get really angry. Is this normal?

Hi Ross,

I've heard of spankings making people more angry but I've never heard of them making someone calm. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but ultimately, you need some type of way to get your anger out. I don't think spankings are the way to go though. Every time you get angry, you can't go to your mom and ask her to spank you. That doesn't seem right. I just think you need to find another way to calm yourself down when you get angry. Maybe punching a punching bag or pillow may help. Find other ways to let off some steam because I don't think your mom is going to spank you every time you get mad.

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock

Even though I have no teenagers of my own, I've seen, heard and have experienced a lot of things dealing with teenagers. I take the experience of me being a teen along with the problems and issues teens have today and I offer my opinions and advice. Since I'm no longer in my teens, I'm wiser, which means that I can definitely guide you in the right direction when it comes to solving your problems.

Teen-Babble.com is a website that I am very proud to say that I am a part of. I created this site for teenagers all over. I wanted to give you a place where you could gain some knowledge, ask questions and see what your fellow teenagers can offer you. Teen-Babble is about sharing experiences, growing and becoming a better person. I am also part of my local Boys and Girls club where I hang out with teens about 3 times a day and help them with anything I can.

Boys and Girls Club

Western Michigan University