Teenage Problems/I am too big fan of Eminem and...

Well, I am 14 years old girl and I think I am too big fan of Eminem. I think about him very much, everyday, I have even erotic dreams about him. My mom caught me on pleasuring myself when I listened to his song. I am afraid. My mom said when I'll be older I won't be happy with any guy because I will think about Eminem. It can be true? He lives too far and has kids...
I need advice - I can fancy Eminem or not?
Please reply fast.

Hi Monica,

Thanks for writing to me.

Don't worry.  Your mother just doesn't want you to be so fascinated with a person that does not even know that you are alive and if he did know, you are too young for him.  

We have all been fascinated with some singer or actor in our times.  Ask your mother who was she fascinated with when she was younger. As you get older, your feelings will change to different people.  

You will be able to be happy with plenty of other guys in your lifetime.  Guys that you will identify with and you will go on dates and hopefully happily married one day.

This is just a passing phase. Right now you are fascinated and can't think of anyone else.  You hear his music and your heart races.  Nothing else matters at the moment but his music.  I am glad that you are aware that he is out of your reach and he is too old.

Enjoy your life and school.  You will be fine.  There is nothing strange or different about you and any other person, young or old.

Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.