Telephones/Wireless Credit Card Billing Machines for Transportation Industry.

Credit Card Billing Machine
Credit Card Billing Ma  

Dear Tom‎.‎

Are Wireless Credit Card Billing Machines available in market ?. Can they be fixed in Transport media viz cars, buses, trucks etc.

Do you feel Wireless Credit Card Billing Machines installation in the Taxicab, Private vehicles could be useful to the Vehicle owners to accept payments from passengers as an alternative
payment mode to cash payments ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes they are available. Here is one example.

I think they are very useful and convenient and perhaps a safety feature for the driver in limiting the amount of cash that he has in nthe cab, making the cab less attractive to potential thieves.

Tom Smith

I can answer questions regarding product approvals, including areas such as Product safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Telecommunications, Environmental requirements such as RoHS (Restrictions on Hazardous Substances), WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), and international approvals requirements.

I have been involved in product approvals for over 25 years, working both for major manufacturers, design organizations, and two major testing laboratories. I have experience putting products into countries around the world, working with various approvals agencies, and have been involved in various standards development agencies (Product Safety, EMC and Telecom). I was the Senior Approvals Engineer at the first private telephone approvals laboratory in Canada, and have been involved in the development of Industry Standards for telephone and telephone products.

- Senior Member of IEEE - Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA) - Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) - Terminal Attachment Program Advisory Committee (TAPAC) which is under the jurisdiction of Industry Canada (Department of the Gov't of Canada) - Canadian Standards Association

B.A.SC (Electrical Engineering)

- Only Approvals Liasion Engineer (ALE) ever appointed by AUSTEL (AUSTEL is no longer the authority in Australia, and the ALE program was also replaced in 1997) - Former Deputy Approvals Liasion Engineer appointed by the British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT)