Telephony--Clecs, Long Distance/Landline and Cordless phones for Storing Contacts

Question
Landline Phone
Landline Phone  
Cordless Phone
Cordless Phone  
QUESTION: Dear Jack

Are Landline and Cordless phones available in market for Storing and retrieving Contacts ?. This can eliminate the need of keeping a Telephone Diary where we store contacts viz names, phone numbers, email addresses etc.

This Phones could be useful in both Corporate - Employees, Clients,  
Business Partners, Suppliers etc and in Residence (Home) - Friends, Relatives, Business etc Contacts.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: I have no experience with Cordless Phones, however, there are telephone "SYSTEMS" such as the Merlin Legend, Merlin Magix and Partner Systems that I service that have the ability to be "PROGRAMMED" with numerous "Speed Dials" that retain the Number and Name of the party to be called.  

Also, some Land Line phones, that are used on a single telephone number, also have a similar feature of "programmable" memory.

Fax Machine
Fax Machine  
QUESTION: Dear Jack

Thank you.

The Above functionality for Telephones and Cordless Phones for Storing contacts can be also applicable for Fax Machines ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
In fact, many FAX Machines have the ability to store Certain numbers in their own "Directory" (Speed Dial/Memory).

Some Printers can also act as a FAX Machine and the "Directory" of "Speed Dials" can be programmed by the Computer User.

An interesting fact, the FAX Machine was invented before the Telephone by Scottish mechanic and inventor Alexander Bain in 1843. (Bell's telephone was invented in 1847).  

Telephony--Clecs, Long Distance

Jack Morgan