Television Trivia/Orky Snorky

Phred3176 wrote at 2009-04-11 14:49:56
Actually - this is a song my sister and I have been Singing since we were kids

Snoreky, Snoreky, Big S N an O R E K Y!

Snoreky, Snoreky, Big S N an O R E K Y!

Patrick wrote at 2009-08-08 03:07:03
I remember this cartoon too.  I don't remember where I say it, but I do remember it.  I'm in my mid 40s and I remember this from before I was 10.  I always thought it was Forkey Snorkey.

Ron Buck wrote at 2010-03-28 22:30:41
I believe it was Snoreky, Snoreky, big SN O R E K Y.  And I think it was in an episode called "There is no such thing as a seasick sea serpent" and that it was a sort of brief history of time from the dinosaurs to the present.  I haven't been able to find it on youtube (although several Beany and Cecil cartoons are there).  But I am pretty sure that Snoreky (or Snorky) was a baby dinosaur that sort of continued to exist and became the Loch Ness monster.  

Lord Jim wrote at 2011-07-04 23:16:51
Ron is right. It was produced in 1962 as one of 26  episodes of the Beany and Cecil Show whic was first called the Mattie Matel Show. The whole thing was the creation of former Warner Brothers director Bob Clampett. Those showws only aired i n first run for a single season but remained on Saturday  mornings for about five years after they were originally produced. You could have seen Snoreky up until around late 1967 or early 1968. The episode traced the whole 'life' of a 'seasick sea serpent' named Snoreky. One part of that catchy little song that I remember well had to do with Cleopatra. He eventually wound up becoming the Loch Ness 'monster'.

Cheryl wrote at 2012-08-21 04:06:13
I remember Snorky well.  Snorky was a dinosaur The song went, "And it was Snorky!  Snorky!  Big S -N- Big O - R - wee K - y," referring to the way the word "Snorky" itself was printed.  It was full of political puns, including "Better wed than dead."  It would be nice to find a video of that cartoon; as I remember, it was really funny.  Of course that might just be my nostalgia speaking.

mharen wrote at 2013-04-14 04:25:07
Here it is:

Television Trivia

Marcia Studley

I`m a true member of the tv generation! I grew up doing my homework while watching the classics of the 60`s and 70`s and today, they are still my favorites. I have a big library of tv and film reference books at my disposal, as well as a large video library. My memory is pretty darn good too, and when that fails, I can hit the books and/or videos, not to mention a few friends who are as devout tv gen members as I am. Please note that my expertise is with American tv only.