Television Trivia/old tv commercials

Jimbo wrote at 2010-12-28 19:13:28
The reference to "Gildersleeve" is the old radio and TV show "The Great Gildersleeve." Harold Peary played Throckmorton P. Gildersleeve in the series, and was also the actor in the Faygo commercials.

LARRY wrote at 2011-08-30 18:48:17
The spot was made on the Bob-Lo boat in the Detroit River & featured Hal Perry who was radio's "The Great Gildersleeve".  A different actor played gildersleeve on TV.

Dwayne LaGrou wrote at 2014-05-26 20:45:55
Yes, Jack Gilford DID do a local commercial in the Detroit area for "Faygo" Red Pop.  It was a very popular commercial that many Detrioter's remember dearly.  He had a way of making you feel like he was your Grandpa and he could be trusted to tell the truth.  A Great Man for Many reasons

Lisa wrote at 2015-04-09 21:12:25
Here is the Faygo guy from the famous Bob-a-lo boat commercial

Lisa wrote at 2015-04-09 21:12:34

Television Trivia

Mike Hensel

I will try and answer all questions dealing with names, plots, actors, roles, networks, etc...US shows primarily; not real knowledgeable on TV from other countries...I lean heavily into past, more so than current, television...and, my knowledge dealing with "reality" shows is limited, due to the fact that I really can't stand the genre (my apologies to all the "Reality" fans out there...)

Years of watching and cataloging television shows

High School Graduate