Television Trivia/1950's game show...."Guess the Ghost"

bob johnston wrote at 2010-05-27 08:00:03
Guess The Ghost was a local television program on the Dumont Network (now Pittsburgh Channel 2 CBS) in the very early 1950's. There were several 'hosts', most were editors from the 2 major newspapers and only locally known to anyone.

The premise of the program was simple, the panel would be guessing a person, place or thing and one would begin by saying a letter, the rest would respond by adding letters to complete the word. This was as simple as simple gets.

Lou wrote at 2010-07-26 20:34:39
I, too, rfemember that show, and, yes, The Syncopated Clock was the theme.  I have tried to find out more about it, with no luck either.  I am from Pittsburgh.  Is it possible it was a local show?

Getting Old wrote at 2012-11-17 03:13:49
I also remember the tv show guess the ghost. It was one of the first tv shows I remember seeing.

older than dirt wrote at 2013-05-02 03:47:04
great classic pittsburgh tv of my earliest memories. any footage/kinescopes out there ????? and who can ever forget the wilkinson's jewelrly amature hour "easy credit...easy credit "  

Television Trivia

Marcia Studley

I`m a true member of the tv generation! I grew up doing my homework while watching the classics of the 60`s and 70`s and today, they are still my favorites. I have a big library of tv and film reference books at my disposal, as well as a large video library. My memory is pretty darn good too, and when that fails, I can hit the books and/or videos, not to mention a few friends who are as devout tv gen members as I am. Please note that my expertise is with American tv only.