Television Trivia/1970s Thanksgiving TV Special

Buffy wrote at 2009-11-13 23:48:27
I am looking for the same tv special. I remember that the girl with braids lived alone with her father and he was a widower. The man in the special was a Henry Fonda-type but I don't think it was Henry Fonda.  

DVandersloot wrote at 2009-11-19 14:03:44
I've been trying to find out what this show was too. I remember watching it with my family when I was younger. I remember how the main scene would fade from the artwork to live action during commercials, as the asker mentioned. Fond memories of that show. Or maybe I have fond memories because those were good family times in my household.

A Fan wrote at 2009-11-21 07:06:26
I know this one!  It's called "The Thanksgiving Treasure", or "The Holiday Treasure", and it premiered in 1973 starring Jason Robards and Lisa Lucas as "Addie Mills".  This made for TV movie was a follow-up to another holiday made for TV movie entitled "The House Without a Christmas Tree".  I don't remember the Christmas one, but LOVED the Thanksgiving show.  They should show it again!

Here is a link to the imdb page for this show:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228392/

Nadine wrote at 2009-11-30 02:04:08
I'm trying to remember this same show!  I remember they came out with a Christmas show too with these same characters.   I think the girl lived with her grandparents?

Nadine wrote at 2009-11-30 02:26:08
I just found this answer

There were 4 shows all together with these characters:

Thanksgiving show is called "A Holiday Treasure" also called "A Thanksgiving Treasure".  The Christmas show is "The House without a Christmas Tree."  The Easter show is The Easter Promise" and the valentines show is "Addie and the King of Hearts"

See more info by one of the stars of the show and her review on Amazon (Lisa Lucas) http://www.amazon.com/House-Without-Christmas-Tree/dp/B000SQFC3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

or check more about the collages at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228392/

I've been trying to find these for about two years and finally some good googling helped me out!

Lori wrote at 2010-03-17 20:56:59
I've been looking for this same show.  The little girl's name was Addy.  She lived with her father and the grandmother (dad's mom).  I remember she wore big glasses and the family didn't have a lot of money.

Lori

Ai Gee wrote at 2012-12-13 19:38:35
I vaguely remember this TV special as well. It was Thanksgiving and the I think the girl's name is Adie.

Anna wrote at 2013-03-18 01:03:13
The Two Movies you speak of are from 1973 and are The Thanksgiving Treasure and The Holiday Treasure. The little girl befriends an old man who is not on good terms with her father. She brings him food in jars etc

Sandy wrote at 2013-12-30 04:54:10
Could it have been the Thanksgiving Treasure with Jason Robards?  Or his earlier TV Christmas movie special, A House without a Christmas Tree?  Both were about a father and his 11 year old daughter Addie (she had long brown braids and wore glasses).  

Television Trivia

Mike Hensel