Tennis/throwing a racket

Tim wrote at 2013-05-22 08:12:17
Technically, the rule states that the racket must be held in your hand at the point of impact. In an official game, if (hypothetically) a slow motion replay was shown to prove that you were not holding it, the point would be lost. And, to add to the comment of your switch handed play, it is by no means illegal, and, although it isn't often practiced, it is a style of tennis known as "nitouryu", which means ambidextrous. In fact, I use this myself to compensate for both, the lack of reach, and the lack of power of my backhand.

Joe Rill

Can answer questions related to coaching and playing tennis including stroke production, skill evaluation, group drills, player evaluation, planning and record keeping, mental toughness, first aid and minor health issues, social aspects of club tennis, tennis rules and regulations, and tennis courtesy. I no longer desire to answer questions on "How to become a Pro."

Forty years total playing experience including: 25 years tournament play, three year tennis club tennis director; former racket stringer; Graduate Vandermeer Tennis Univ I; Virginia HS League certified coach; Asst Tournament Director