gary popkin wrote at 2015-06-24 06:44:15
More information about protected ranking (PR) may be found in the ATP 2015 rulebook, Chapter IX.

Chris Wilson

I am very knowledgeable about the rules and regulations of amateur and professional tennis. I can also answer many questions regarding officials and officiating in general. I look forward to the opportunity to help out on this very interesting website. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

I started officiating in 1997 as a roving umpire for local and collegiate events and as a line umpire at some professional tournaments. I became an ITF White Badge Chair Umpire in 2000 and obtained a Bronze Badge in 2002. I received my Silver Badge in 2004. I have worked as a line or chair umpire at 26 Grand Slams and the last 2 Olympic Games. I chaired the 2003 Mixed Doubles Final and the 2007 Women's Doubles Final at the US Open.

USTA Officiating, ITF Officiating

I am an ITF Silver Badge Chair Umpire. As a Silver Badge, I am qualified to umpire any match in the world except a grand slam singles final or a Davis Cup final. I also am certified as a USTA Professional Chair Umpire.

Rookie Official of the year (New England Section - 1998) Official of the Year (New England Section - 1999) Jr. McGovern Award (Given at the US Open for an upcoming official showing excellence as a line umpire or a chair umpire - 2000) Chair Umpire (2000 Boys Singles Final, 2003 Mixed Doubles Final, 2007 Women's Doubles Final - US Open)