Tennis/GRUNTING/SCREAMING

Question
WHY DO THEY ALLOW WOMEN & SOME OF THE MEN 2 GRUNT CONSTANTLY....ISN'T THIS A REAL DISTRACTION???  I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO HEAR THE AUDIO WHEN SOME OF THE WOMEN ARE SOUNDING OFF    ADVISE...

Answer
  J:  YOU'VE HIT ON A TOUCHY SUBJECT THAT IS STILL A GREY-AREA....ACCORDING TO THE RULES OF TENNIS EXCESSIVE NOISE OF ANY TYPE CAN BE RULED A DISTRACTION...FLORIDA TRIED TO ENFORCE A 'NO-GRUNTING' RULE[POLICY]IN THE EARLY 80S & IT DID CALM A FEW OF THE WILDER MORE EMOTIONAL PLAYERS DOWN FOR AWHILE  AS GRUNTING INCREASED ON TELEVISED MATCHES IT 'TRICKLED DOWN' TO THE JUNIORS[ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES]. MORE COACHES ENCOURAGED THEIR STUDENTS TO GRUNT[NOISILY EXHALE]& IT BEGAT ITSELF..HOPEFULLY THE ITF & USTA WILL START CRACKING DOWN ON THE JUNIORS & IN THE FUTURE THE WTA CAN SEE FIT TO ENFORCE DISTRACTION RULES....WIMBLEDON & OTHERS WILL ATTEMPT TO LESSEN THIS PROBLEM TO THE BENEFIT OF THE FAN & CROWD.        REFER: ITF,WTA/USTA & 'RULES OF TENNIS'  

Tennis

TOM DAVIS