Tennis/Practice time for a 7 year old

Question
Good evening. We recently put our 7 year old son in a 25 hour weekly program. He's a beginner, but shows promise and an intense desire to "make it". The kid never complains, takes direction well, and is disciplined. We discovered his eagerness to learn and went with it. We took him out of school, started the virtual things many young athletes do. My motherly instinct tell me this is too intense for such a young man. I also feel he should be in an academic setting with kids his own age. I'm not opposed to an intense training schedule, but think 9:30-3:30 in the Florida sun is a bit much at this age. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Audrey

Answer
  AUDREY: YOURS IS A CONCERN THAT I WISH MORE PARENTS & COACHES SHARED.> RATHER THAN GIVE YOU HORROR STORIES OF SIMILAR SITUATIONS PLEASE KEEP EYES OPEN ON YOUR SONS DEMEANOR & INTERESTS..HE WILL NEED THE SOCIAL SKILLS YOU SPEAK OF AND NEEDS THE INTERACTION OF NON-TENNIS YOUTH. STAY IN CONTACT WITH THE ACADEMY & ALL OF HIS MENTORS & INSTRUCTORS. LET HIM GO THROUGH SOME OF THE FRUSTRATION AS WELL AS THE JOY OF COMPETITION. YOU MIGHT ALSO BE CAUTIOUS WITH CONFRONTATIONS WITH OR FOR YOUR SON IN PUBLIC.NO PARENT,COACH,OR TEACHING PRO CAN PREDICT THE AMOUNT OF 'PRESSURE' ANY PARTICULAR STUDENT CAN ADAPT HIMSELF TO;SO BE AWARE AND PROVIDE THE SUPPORT YOU CAN.>>>I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION IF THIS IS UNCLEAR...GOOD JOURNEY!

Tennis

TOM DAVIS