Tequila/Tequila Distribution

What should be my first steps? Should I contact a distributor/manufacturer? Approximately how much money does it take to get this going?

Margaret, It all depends on how big/popular you want your brand.  There are many tequila brands that are built organically year by year growing at a slow but steady rate.  If you have the money and want to compete with the bigger more established brands then you could spend $10,000+ per state.  To get a solid brand going that can stand up to competing brands you will need at least $500,000, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you along the way, Will.

Will Elger

Anything Tequila! I was born and raised in Mexico, I have family and friends in the industry and now I own a well respected super premium tequila brand.

Comes from being born and raised in Mexico, and I have become an expert actually by working my way up in the industry. I started as a bartender on cruise ships, working my way up to bar manager, rest. manager and F&B manager. Then I worked for distributors, and then directly as a supplier for many tequila brands. One of the largest and most well rounded, Sauza Tequila. One that to this day keeps winning awards and I feel is the most unique, Chinaco Tequila. And, El Tesoro Tequila, a distillery that makes tequila with no electricity and looks more like a tequila museum. Now I make my own tequila, MUCHOTE Tequila and combine the best from the best into one product.

Beverage Analyst, Hotmixology, The One Minute Bartender...

University, managing bars and restaurants and over a decade with major tequila companies.

Sante Magazine Gold Star, - 94/100 "top editor rated", Gold Medal in the Agave Spirits Challenge.