Tequila/Storing Flavored Tequila

Yesterday I steeped sliced jalapeno's & a bunch of cilantro leaves for 4 hrs. in tequila trying to make a jalapeņo margarita.  After 4 hrs. the solids were strained out.  I ended up with more tequila than I used & would like to keep the rest of it for a month or more until my next party.  Would this keep in the freezer for say, 6 months, & if so, would the flavors hold up?  Thank you for your time.

Only because I did the same thing do I know this answer, I had a bunch of fresh produce and made several batches, one was jalapeņo.  Over a year later I was at a friends house and he offered me one of my creations, and it tasted great.  I did one thing that could make a big difference, I used a coffee filter to strain it and I believe it kept because there were no pieces left in the final product. If you think you are going to sit on it for a  while do a good job straining your final product.

Will Elger

Anything Tequila! I was born and raised in Mexico, I have family and friends in the industry and now I own a well respected super premium tequila brand.

Comes from being born and raised in Mexico, and I have become an expert actually by working my way up in the industry. I started as a bartender on cruise ships, working my way up to bar manager, rest. manager and F&B manager. Then I worked for distributors, and then directly as a supplier for many tequila brands. One of the largest and most well rounded, Sauza Tequila. One that to this day keeps winning awards and I feel is the most unique, Chinaco Tequila. And, El Tesoro Tequila, a distillery that makes tequila with no electricity and looks more like a tequila museum. Now I make my own tequila, MUCHOTE Tequila and combine the best from the best into one product.

Beverage Analyst, Hotmixology, The One Minute Bartender...

University, managing bars and restaurants and over a decade with major tequila companies.

Sante Magazine Gold Star, - 94/100 "top editor rated", Gold Medal in the Agave Spirits Challenge.