Terriers/Follow up to Overweight Norwich

I was reading through your profile and saw the question on the overweight Norwich.  I have two Norwich terriers, spayed females, that are overweight.  Mine are 15 and 19 pounds.  The 15 pound girl is small for a Norwich, only 9"x 9". The other is 10" x 11".  You mentioned soaking the food and I was curious what benefit that has to helping reduce the weight? We feed a four-star, grain-free food.
Thank you.

The added water helps to rehydrate the food in order to make them feel more full without the added calories. I was just going over this with a client. The calorie count on his 4 star food was so high it wouldn't matter what you did short of cutting the food back to nothing - check calories. Also check for hypo thyroid because dog with low metabolism also blow up and that is an easy fix by the vet.

ElizaBeth CRONK

I am an expert in terrier grooming and have been the expert on the dog grooming site for well over a year. While I am trained as an all breed groomer my true expertise is in the art of terrier grooming. Hand plucking for pets, to be specific.

23 years as a professional pet groomer, 20 of them specifically working with wire hair breeds. Private residential business in Manhattan with over 250 client and have done over 30,000 groomings.

Twin Brooks Kennel Club, former Board member Metropolitan Dog CLub, regular contributer to Groomer Talk at

website: educational DVD Groomertalk at

NY School of Dog Grooming, apprenticed with major professional show dog handlers and breeders.

website has testimonials available- I do not list private clients