Terriers/Jack Russell Anal Gland leakage :(

Question
Hi :)
We adopted a terrier mix, who turned out to be a Jack
Russell Rough Coat, back in January.   He has been on dry dog food only.   His anal glands leak quite a bit and it's quite disgusting when it gets on clothes and furniture.   It smells like very concentrated ammonia.   It's great that his anal gland never gets clogged up, but is there a way to make the leaking stop?

Answer
Hi Suzanne,
Well that sounds pretty nasty... You should take your dog to the vet and have his glands checked- it could be an infection. They may need to be removed. Could just need a course of antibiotics but could be symptomatic of a deeper problem. I would not wait. Food should not have anything to do with it.
good luck.

Terriers

ElizaBeth CRONK