Texas/Shuttles

Question
I will be in Austin Texas touring the University with my daughter.We will be there the week of October 12th-16th.  I would like to find a Hotel who would provide a shuttle service to pick us  up at the airport and return to airport, I would also like for that hotel to provide a shuttle service to the University and from the University.  I understand that the University is located in the heart of the city, there for I assume that walking to visit the vicinity would be doable.  This is going to be our first time in Austin Texas we are very excited!!  I sure can use all the help, suggestions, and tips that I can get!!  Your time and help is very appreciated!  Thank You!

Answer
First, sorry for a delayed response.  
The weather should be good when you visit Austin.  Probably in low 80's, but it can always change. :-)

Here's a list of hotels with airport shuttle service.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Austin-Hotels-With-Shuttle-zfp365859.html
Since I don't know you budget, I can't recommend specific hotel, but this hotel is nice but not too expensive and you can walk to UT.

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Austin
303 W 15th St
Austin, TX 78701  (512) 478-7000

As for shuttle to UT, I don't know of any hotel that offers that service.  It doesn't mean there are no such hotels.  It simply means I don't know of any.
If you take a taxi or Uber to UT or downtown from this hotel, it would come out to only few dollars.  I am guessing $10 - $15 range, if that.

When you come to Austin, those famous free-tailed Mexican bats may be still be around.
http://www.batcon.org/index.php/our-work/regions/usa-canada/protect-mega-populat
Go there just around sunset, they don't come out everyday, but they do on most days.
Once they come out, they come out in stream for 30 minutes or so.  Always toward the east.
Stand up on the Congress bridge (not under it) so that you can look down.
Stand about 1/3 from the south end of the bridge.  That's where the majority come out of.

You can check out the 6th street (best days are Friday and Saturday nights after 9:00PM).
Your kid *will* go there, if he/she goes to UT.  So you might as well check it out.

Visit the Texas Capitol, and find out what the Six Flags of Texas are.
LBJ presidential library is on UT campus.  It's worth a visit.  Joking-telling automaton LBJ alone is worth the visit.

It's a drive (tax may cost $40-$50), but the Oasis on Lake Travis offers beautiful view of the Lake Travis and amazing sunset view.  Most visitors are surprised by this place. They don't expect Austin to have a place like this.  It is the largest outdoor restaurant in the Texas and the 3rd largest in the nation.  It is *not* strictly an outdoor restaurant, as it has hundreds of indoor seatngs, too.
http://oasis-austin.com/

On your way to Oasis, you can stop by the geologically the highest point in Austin - Mount Bonnell.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Bonnell
The former #1 tennis player Andy Roddick lives down below on the water-front property.

For the restaurant, try favorite TexMex at Chuy's on Barton Springs Road (this is the original Chuy's).
You are only a walking distant from the Zilker Park where many music festivals are held.

Matt's Famous El Rancho on South Lamar is also a very good Mexican restaurant.

You can stroll down the South Congress Ave (south of Riverside Dr.) for many hip restaurants and eclectic stores.  Try famous Amy's Ice Cream there.  Local favorite.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Austin.

Texas

JKC