Thai & Vietnamese Cooking/Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls

Question
Terri,

I enjoy making and eating Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls. Is there anyway to make them in advance, keep them fresh and not have them get sticky?

My rice paper gets sticky and a little on the tough, chewy side if they aren't eaten soon after they are made.

Thank you,

Johnnie

Answer
Hi Johnnie,

Thank you for your question. The most I would make them in advance is the night prior.

What I do is lay a damp paper towel over the fresh spring rolls and then cover them in plastic wrap. Repeat the paper damp paper towel for each layer of fresh spring rolls.

When I go to parties my friends and family always ask me to bring this, if I making a ton of them I normally do them the night prior.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you
Terri  

Thai & Vietnamese Cooking

Terri Estrada