Thai & Vietnamese Cooking/Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls

I enjoy making and eating Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls. Is there anyway to make them in advance, keep them fresh and not have them get sticky?

My rice paper gets sticky and a little on the tough, chewy side if they aren't eaten soon after they are made.

Thank you,

Hi Johnnie,

Thank you for your question. The most I would make them in advance is the night prior.

What I do is lay a damp paper towel over the fresh spring rolls and then cover them in plastic wrap. Repeat the paper damp paper towel for each layer of fresh spring rolls.

When I go to parties my friends and family always ask me to bring this, if I making a ton of them I normally do them the night prior.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you

Thai & Vietnamese Cooking

Terri Estrada

I can answer basically anything pertaining to Asian cuisine, Thai, Burmese, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Indian food.

I was born in Rangoon Burma, and have a flair for Asian cooking which has been past down through the generations. I have learned to cook and prepare all type of South East Asian Cuisine for my friends and family.