Thai & Vietnamese Cooking/Asian Sauces

Question
QUESTION: I was wondering if there was a good recipe for an asian style sauce that is very healthy and can be poored lightly or liberally on just about anything?

ANSWER: Hi James,

Thank you for your questions regarding Asian sauces. There are many types of Asian sauces. Were you looking for something soy sauce based or cream based ie yogurt etc ?

Let me know and I can send you a few I use.

Thank you
Terri

QUESTION: Probably more along the lines of soy.

Answer
Hi James,

Here is my one of my favorite sauces I use for dipping etc.

1/2 cup Low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Freshly grated ginger
2 table spoons cup rice wine vinegar
1 sprig spring onion, chopped
1 Thai chili pepper, chopped (if you do not like spicy you can omit the pepper)

Mix all of the ingredients. If its too salty you can add a little bit of water to thin out the saltiness.  

You can use this sauce for dipping, to pour over rice, vegetables etc. If you refrigerate it , it can last up to a week in the refrigerator.

Let me know if it works out for you.

Thank you and good luck!
Terri  

Thai & Vietnamese Cooking

Terri Estrada