Thailand/Paintings to buy in BKK

dan wrote at 2012-12-13 14:47:15
Hey Anatoly,

It's been a while since you asked for thaļ paintings but it might help others...

Check out the galeries on Thanon Silom down towards the river. Aside from interesting modern galeries, you will find traditional style paintings galeries, a bit expensive though.

Chatuchak Market, North of Bangkok, Mo Chit skytrain station. Plenty of artists display their work... Huge market.

Forget about Khao San Road and Rambutri, it's of poor quality.

Other than that, art schools ; students would be happy to make a bit of money.

Check on the internet, some artists - not much though - have a website. And by the way, check ours if you like We do work upon order too.

But don't forget, if you are not familiar with Thai style, that'd be a good thing to visit museums and temples to get an idea of what it really looks like before buying ;o)

Rene Hasekamp

I can answer tourism questions (where to go, where to stay, what to eat), questions about Thai culture, as seen by a foreigner. Most of my knowledge is about Bangkok and Phuket. I don't help sex tourists!

I am married to a Thai wife and we visit Thailand (almost) every year. During those visits I obviously visit my wife's relatives. So I also see Thai culture from "within". I have an extensive website about Thailand.
I follow the news about Thailand daily and publish a selection of it on one of the pages of my site.

My Website

I graduated from Leiden University in Chemistry and Law. I worked for 35 years as a patent examiner in my country. During my work I was sent on a mission for WIPO to the Thai Patent Office. Since then I visited Thailand (almost) every year.