Thailand/transport to Hua Hin

Question
Hi George.
I contacted you two years ago; you offered us some great advice then. We were disappointed in that we were unable to travel due to illness. We are scheduled to get to Hua Hin in early February.

We will be coming from Kanchanaburi. You suggested the vann/taxi and I think they have one from Kanchanaburi to Hua Hin. Is this correct? Questions: do they run about every half hour? Are some express types with few stops? If so, how do I know which ones? do you know the approximate cost? Also, we will have two suitcases, a 24 and a 20 inch. Should that present a problem?

One more question, what is the usual cab fare around Hua Hin?

Thanks for the help. We hope to get there this time.

Doyice

Answer
Hi Doyice,

Nice to hear from you again.

There are currently unfortunately no buses/vans from Kanchanaburi directly to Hua Hin.

What you will need to do is to take a van from kanchanaburi to Bangkok. This bus will drop you off at Victory Monument in Bangkok (also right by the Victory Monument Sky Train Station).

Right at the same spot where the bus drop you off in Bangkok will be the bus to Hua Hin.

Mini van to Hua Hin = 180 Baht per person (2 hours and 30 minutes depending on traffic)

Transport from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok should be less than 500 Baht per person unless you use your own private taxi

From Kanchanaburi you can of course choose between buses, vans or the train.

I suggest to read more about it here also >>> http://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/central_thailand/kanchanaburi/kanch

Your hotel/resort in Kanchanaburi should be able to direct you or even take you to the bus/van pick-up point in Kanchanaburi (let me know if you need help with this).

The vans are all express and will only stop to re-fuel and maybe one extra bathroom stop or so.  

Hope this helps

Kind Regards
George

Thailand

George Conradie