Thailand/Phuket Transportation

My wife and I will be arriving to Phuket at the deep water port Ao Makham. We would like to find a cost effective way to get to Patong Beach..... without using a taxi as we hear the TAXI MAFIA is very bad at the port. THANKS

TAXI MAFIA? What is that? I have lived here 16 years and never experienced that name.  I think you should talk to the staff on your arrival vessel. They should have someone similar to a concierge in a hotel and ask them to make arrangements for you. Then you can be at ease

Darwin Dennis

I can answer most questions about travel and living in Thailand. This includes food, culture, people, cost of living, and the different regions of Thailand. I can't answer questions about the far south of Thailand, politics, Buddhism.

I have lived in Thailand for the past almost 7 years. Before that I came here as a soldier and trained with the Royal Thai Army over a 6 year period. I have traveled extensively and maintain a website about the province I live in.

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from University of Maryland.