Thermodynamics/Dicyanoacetylene manufacturing

Question
Hello,  

I am interested in the manufacturing process of dicyanoacetylene.  I understand that in order to produce this, one must heat graphite up to 4,500F, then pass Nitrogen gas over the sample.  I would like to know what method could be used to get graphite that hot?  I was thinking about using an induction coil system?  Also, what state would dicyanoacetylene be in after this reaction?  If I wanted to keep it for an extended period of time, how would I store it.  I know these are more then just one, but unfortunately, there are not too many places out there who manufacture/sell this.  Do you know of any?

Thank you for your time.  I apologize again for the multiple questions.

Josh

Answer
Hi Josh,
The reaction takes  place at lower temperatures 2700C and an induction furnace would be suitable as would a solar furnace. The dicyanoacetylene comes of as a gas. It is a liquid at room temperaature but is very unstable and can explode to give C and N2. Not a good idea to make or handle this liquid. Which is why not many people sell it!

I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Kevin

Thermodynamics

Kevin