Thermodynamics/Can a beam of light, or Gamma Knife beam pass through a hole as small as 0.1mm, which is as thin as a human hair.

Question
The Gamma Knife uses a Cobalt 60 source to create beams of Gamma Rays to destroy tumors in the brain, I want to see how small these beams can be reduced in size.
Light, and Gamma waves are part of the Electromagnetic spectrum.
I cannot insert drawing diagrams in here, if you can imagine a Cobalt source, or light source from the left, and all the Gamma Knife beams, or light beams were being fired from from the left into a funnel shaped object to the right.
So all the beams were going into the funnel, and as the funnel gets more narrower going to the right, there is a pipe with a 0.1mm hole, so all the Gamma Knife beams are being forced into the small hole, could all the Gamma Knife beams make it through.
Can a Gamma Knife beams be made so small that it could target a group of neurons in the brain around 0.1mm or smaller which is around 1000 neurons.
Can a Gamma Knife beam be made smaller than 0.1mm.
Thank you for your help with this question. Cannot get the answer to this question from the internet.

Answer
Hi Nicholas,
Light beams can be made very small indeed. Beams much, much smaller than 0.1mm are regularly used in lazer applications. However Gamma rays are tricky. They are of such high energy that they tend to penetrate rather than be deflected or reflected into a narrow beam. If you put a mirror in front of a light beam most of it will bounce back. However a gamma beam will pass straight through (like an X-ray). The so called 'Gamma-knife' is a collection of weak gamma sources with lots of shielding that allows a weak beam of gamma rays from each source to be aimed at a spot in space where a cancer may reside. The combined effect of the numerous rays creates a high density gamma-ray area that kills cells. On the passage through little damage is done to intervening healthy cells.
It would be a great scientific advance if gamma rays could be focused to 0.1 mm or less.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Kevin

Thermodynamics

Kevin