Thermodynamics/Coordinate bonding

Question
QUESTION: Good evening dear Sir.
I've a doubt that I'd like to ask you. When a compound such as ammonia with lone pairs of electrons forms a coordinate bond with a proton(H+ ion), why does it acquire a positive charge? It seems that the bonding satisfies the positive charge of proton. I am puzzled.

I'd also love to ask if you could give me your email address so that we can converse freely.

Very sincerely yours,
AB.

ANSWER: Hi AB,

Ammonia NH3 is a neutral molecule when it aquires a proton H+ it becomes NH4+. In water this is balanced by a OH- ion such that ammonia solution is alkaine.
In acid and bases you must always balance the charges.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes.
Kevin.

QUESTION: Dear Sir,

I'd already said you that. All I don't understand is that the H+ ion charge must have got balanced. So,how come the NH4 ion has a positive charge?

You also didn't reply to my request for your email address. To be true I'm not any fraud but a very keen and curious student. I've already found Sir Steve Johnson as my physics guide and Sir Walter Hints in biology. I'm very happy with your answers and it would be of great help to me if you sent you email  address

I'll be waiting for reply,
AB

Answer
Hi AB,

In water the H2O dissociates into H+ and OH-. Balanced.
When neutral ammonia NH3 is introduced the lone pair of electrons strongly attracts the H+ to form NH4+ which is balanced by the OH-.

I am not permitted to give my email address while using this system.

Best wishes
Kevin

Thermodynamics

Kevin