Thermodynamics/Gases behavior

Question
QUESTION: What is the gases behaviors at the variable temperature as related to the pressure, volume and density?

ANSWER: Hi Ali,

PV=NRT

Is the way I remenber this.

Where P= pressure, V= volume, N= number of moles of gas, R is the Gas Constant and T is the temperature(K)

They values yuo use must be related to those in R.

I hope this helps.

It is treated very well in Wikipedia under Gas Constant.

Best wishes.
Kevin

QUESTION: Hi sir,
is it accurate to say "an increase in the gas pressure, will cause an increase in the gas volume, and will result an increase in the gas density and vice versa at the variable gas temperature only"?

Answer
Hi Ali,

Your quesstion has little meaning as you are not defining the conditions.

Imagine a cylinder sealed at one end with a gas tight piston in the open end.

Pushing the piston into the cylinder will reduce the volume and increase the pressure.
As density = mass/volume, as the volume decreases the density will increase and vice versa as the mass is constant trapped in the cylinder.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Kevin

Thermodynamics

Kevin