Thyroid Problems/thyroid nodule

Meg wrote at 2009-01-08 18:17:14
I do not see how you can know where this problem started through the written word.  I do believe in chiropractic care and see a chiropractor regularly, but they have not been able to cure my thyroid disease.  They also have not been able to make a nodule on my thyroid go away.  There are ways you can try to treat your thyroid through diet, but sometimes you need the drug.  I think it unfortunate that the Dr. is now making you feel dumb if you choose to get this taken care of through medicine.

Sherrie wrote at 2011-11-28 20:47:41
I'm not exactly sure if the DR. is correct but what he says does make some sense. Many people are not familiar with the alignment of their spine so they don't really don't know or think about it at the time. However, I broke my neck in 1999 and had a fusion of c2-c4. I just recently found out that I have a large nodule on my left side and two smaller on the right. Bloodwork can back normal. This is something I would like to research more.

Angela in RI wrote at 2012-02-23 02:23:32

What a coincidence that I am having the same weird feeling in my throat, and as an ultrasound tech took a look at the thyroid and found cyst with vascularizations present. For two years I have had to turn my head extremely to the left to view the screen as I work with the doctor who views the screen directly in front.

Larry Smith , D.C. wrote at 2012-03-29 01:41:41
I have a problem with the answer given for the 2008 thyroid problem. I do not believe that misalignment and a manipulation or multiple spinal manipulations would solve the problem of this persons question. If a thyroid nodule is > 1 cm in diameter on ultrasound and shows any of the following (hypoechocity, calcifications whether micro or coarse, central vascularity, heterogeneity, and or irregular borders) is cause for concern. And since the radioactive iodine uptake showed a cold nodule the next logical  step should be a fine needle aspiration to see what you are dealing with since there is a chance that this could be malignant. If so then the best coarse of treatment would be surgery to remove the thyroid if it is a papillary, follicular, or medullary cancer . So I would go to the endocrinologist.  

Joe Troy wrote at 2013-10-25 20:33:01
I live in Culpeper,Va.and would like yo be referred to a doctor.

Thank you

Joe  

Thyroid Problems

Robert Arnone, DC