Thyroid Problems/Lab Results

Question
Hello again,

Just wanted to get back with you about my thyroid test results. I finally got them back from my doctor whom said they were normal. My TSH was 1.53 and my T4 was 1.3. If these are normal then why am I still experiencing symptoms? Fatigue feeling, occasional cold hands, slow heart rate, sometimes lightheaded feeling. I thought this was heart related but doctor said I'm young (26) and fit and thats what my HR is low. I've had all the heart tests but nothing ever found.

Answer
Hello frankie,
Nice to hear from you!
TSH is normal. The value of T4 seems concerning. Is it T4 or FT4 value? If it is FT4 value then it is normal. But if it is T4(or Total T4) value then it is below the normal range. Also your BMI(Body mass Index) shows you are overweight. In that case we can suspect you having underactive thyroid. It may be Hashimoto's Thyroiditis or Subclinical Hypothyroidism. Anyway I strongly recommend you to get your thyroid antibodies tested. This test is very necessary for diagnosis. Lightheadedness is not due to thyroid issue. I think you need thorough lab investigations like CBC. Also heart rate is low in athletes and people who do regular exercise. So if you were a sportsman or athlete previously then it is normal.

So I recommend you revisiting your doctor for further examination and investigation.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 5$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Account Details: SHRINIDHI LAXMAN KULKARNI A/C No. 04152010144683 IFSC CODE:SYNB0000415 BRANCH DETAILS:BANGALORE N R COLONY, No.1 FIRST MAIN ROAD, N R COLONY, BANGALORE 560019 ***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni