Thyroid Problems/When to start treating under active thyroid and pregnancy

Question
Dr. Kulkarni:

I hope you can guide me. I moved cities often thus changed doctors. Through the years my doctors followed my thyroid because TSH was on the hight side. Been with my current doc for 2 years. Here are my past results
3.04   4/08
3.86   3/09
6.46   3/10
4.73   5/11
5.01   9/11 (1.35 T4Free)
3.73   3/12 (1.44 T4Free)
3.7   4/12 (1.41 T4Free)
3.96   9/12 (1.40 T4Free)
3.86   3/13
4.85   8/13

I am 32 years old. Underweight 5'2, now around 96 pounds (my mom and grand-ma were before getting older). Before my stomach problems I use to be stable at 105 pounds. Wish I could at least go back to that. I feel tired easily.

Do you think I am hypothyroid? Sub-clinical? Should I get treatment? My husband and I want kids and are ready to start trying, but I am worried I do not have enough energy and now worried that I might be hypothyroid. I heard it can cause all kind of problems and risks with pregnancy. Should I start treating for hypothyroid? Are there risks to treat even if no thyroid disease?
Thanks a lot for your help I am confused and worried for pregnancy mainly. My clock is ticking.

My health in General:
I have been dealing with a lot of digestive symptoms for the last several years, lon and off, lots of tests done, all normal or things that they can not explain. Was told Irritable bowel movements and or GERD (because for several weeks I had feeling of lump in throat). Took double doze of Nexium for months and felt so much worst - Fat stain in my stool, I beleive because of Nexium. My doc (and not gastro specialist) think I might have Small Intestin Bacterial overgrowth episodes. I DO GET TIRED VERY EASILY. This fatigue limits my daily life. I often wonder how I could find the energy to have kids. I use to have a lot of energy until up to university. Was bicycling to work. I do not want to accept that this is me now I am young.

Answer
Hello Melanie!
Warm welcome to you!
Your TSH and has always been high and FT4 has been low chronically. I think you are experiencing subclinical Hypothyroidism. So you should consider testing compete thyroid profile including thyroid antibodies. After seeing the test results we can come to a firm diagnosis. Yes thyroid antibodies have been held responsible for miscarriages during pregnancy. But you dont have to worry! As soon as you start with the treatment within 2-3 months you can start trying for baby. Also there are some diets by which you can control the thyroid antibodies from rapidly increasing in blood. These thyroid antibodies can cause inflammation of gut, leading to Irritable bowel Syndrome. So dont have to worry. Just get the tests done! You will be fine!

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 5$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Account Details: SHRINIDHI LAXMAN KULKARNI A/C No. 04152010144683 IFSC CODE:SYNB0000415 BRANCH DETAILS:BANGALORE N R COLONY, No.1 FIRST MAIN ROAD, N R COLONY, BANGALORE 560019 ***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni