Thyroid Problems/Puzzled

My PCP thought she felt my thyroid to be enlarged so she sent me to have an ultrasound which showed a 2 cm solid nodule on the right lobe and a 1.8 cm on the left. I then was rferred to have a FNA. A pathologist was there doing he procedure to make sure enough was collected but then somehow, when I went back to get the results, the report said they didnt collect enough to determine. What should I do now? I don't understand why they did not collect enough. I could wait and repeat U/S in a few months. I am very frustrated. Should I seek out an endrocrinologist? I have had symptoms of a thyroid problem for years but the thyroid bloodtest comes back ok. I have  not had one though in over a year. I also have Pulmonary Hypertension and wondered if this could have an impact on that. Any info would be helpful

Hello Cathy!
Warm welcome to you!
It seems the pathologist is inexperienced or they want to retest so that they wont give a false negative or positive. Or they have not collected the tissue sample in a proper way, thats why they are giving vague reasons. I think its better to visit an endocrinologist, because they know the latest developments in the field of thyroid treatment. If you could send me the latest thyroid reports to me it will be much appreciated. But Pulmonary Hypertension is not related to your thyroid issue.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine