Thyroid Problems/High thyroid numbers

My wife was just called by her physician because her thyroid test came back with a reading of 104.1 and she was told normal range was .45-4.5.  What in the world might cause such a ridiculously high test result like that??  Her physician is scheduling an immediate appt with an endocrinologist tomorrow but I am concerned and extremely curious. I did some light research on the internet and I couldn't even find test ranges that were at the 104 range??!!  

Many thanks,

Hi Bill,
Warm welcome to you!
Your wife's TSH value of 104.1 shows that her thyroid is failing and unable to produce thyroid hormones in adequate amount. This condition is called hypothyroidism. And dont worry about the value being very high. Values differ from person to person. This condition is very easily manageable. She will have to take daily one hormone replacement pill. This will keep her healthy and aid her to lead comfortable life like a normal person. So no need to panic.

Take care. Have a good day. Bye.

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine