Thyroid Problems/Thyroid

Please explain: Bilaterally inhomogeneous thyroid gland with bilateral increased vascularity.  Both lobes demonstrate an inhomogeneous parenchyma

Hello Candy,
Warm welcome to you!
After going through your post carefully, I request you to send me the reports of thyroid tests (TSH, T3, T4 etc) if possible.

The above report suggest that the condition of right part of the thyroid gland is not similar to the left side. Inhomogeneous means not matching or not similar. And also the increased vascularity means there are blood vessels growing inside which may lead to enlargement of thyroid gland. And parenchyma of thyroid gland means the functional cells or the ones which produce and secrete thyroid hormones. When they are inhomogeneous it means some cells are destroyed due to attack/ there are changes in their normal structure.

So for full interpretation, please send the details of all the tests.

Take care. Bye.

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine