Thyroid Problems/Adrenal Crisis or not?

Question
I believe I am experiencing episodes of adrenal crisis or nearly experiencing them.

It usually happens when my boyfriend and I fight over something on a day when I have been stressed. Something will trigger a sudden downturn and then I feel overwhelming sadness and usually will cry intensely for hours, curled up in a ball. I try to stop crying but I cannot stop and do not feel in control of the situation. I will also feel muscle weakness, chills, rapid heart rate, trouble thinking clearly and I will shake and convulse and my boyfriend said I had a rash last time it happened. Sometimes I will have the urge to harm myself or hit things during these times.

However, what makes me think it could be something other than an adrenal crisis is because I do not vomit or have diarrhea.

After it happens, I have a painful headache all the next day.

Could I be having adrenal crises? I suspect that I have congenital adrenal hyperplasia but have never been diagnosed yet.

Thank you for your time!!

Answer
Hello Jennifer!
Warm welcome to you!
When does is occur? Is it premenstrual? Please send your age. I dont think it is adrenal related. It is most probably 'Reactive Depression'. And In adrenal insufficiency we dont see adreno-cortical hyperplasia. Right now all I can say is its a type of depression you are facing. While replying please send recent lab reports if you have any! Might be of help.

Thanking you!

Have a great day. Bye.

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 5$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Account Details: SHRINIDHI LAXMAN KULKARNI A/C No. 04152010144683 IFSC CODE:SYNB0000415 BRANCH DETAILS:BANGALORE N R COLONY, No.1 FIRST MAIN ROAD, N R COLONY, BANGALORE 560019 ***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni