Thyroid Problems/im feeling sleepy from 6-7 days.

Question
QUESTION: I've been feeling sleepy from 6-7 days.there are some more symptms like i feel very hungry after 1-2 hours of lunch i feel very hungry.i feel as if something is struck in my throat.i visit toilet many times & my neck & jaw pains.i am always anxious & cant sleep at night.is it something serious.please help.thank you for u'r answer.

ANSWER: Hello Amit!
Warm welcome to you!
It would be very nice if you send your age, height and weight. Did all these symptoms start 6-7 days ago? Right now since your case seems acute, I can only suspect its becasue of hyperacidity or Gastroesophageal reflux diseas. When you are replying describe about your food habits and smoking, drinking etc.

Please reply.

Thanking you!
Bye.

QUESTION: im 19 years old,im 5.8 feet & im 59 kgs.i dont drink or smoke.i have not changed my food habits.ive been feeling these symptoms from 6-7 days.7 days ago i had common cold & i am feeling tired & sleepy from that day.though cold has gone but i still feel tired.other symptoms started some 2 days ago.

Answer
Hi Amit!
Nice to hear from you again!
Have you taken any medicines for cold? Was there symptoms of fever? Since your weight is almost appropriate for your height, and you are too young I dont think you have any diabetes related issues even though you visit toilet many times. Also the symptoms are acute ones. I believe you are experiencing common symptoms of cold. Normally all patients experience increased appetite, polyuria(increased urine frequency, daytime sleepiness, tiredness etc. You only have pharingitis(sore throat) and upper respiratory tract infection. So I think you dont have to worry as none of the symptoms are alarming.

What all medicines you took for cold? If the symptoms continue then please get your complete blood count, random blood sugar and urine routine done next time.

And since you are in adolescent age, this is the period for rapid growth. So its absolutely normal to see increase in appetite. But if you want your doubts cleared then get the above tests done.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor. Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Account Details: SHRINIDHI LAXMAN KULKARNI A/C No. 04152010144683 IFSC CODE:SYNB0000415 BRANCH DETAILS:BANGALORE N R COLONY, No.1 FIRST MAIN ROAD, N R COLONY, BANGALORE 560019 ***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni