Thyroid Problems/thyroid

Question
I have a low thyroid. Its about as low as one can go. It stopped working all together. So all that happens is that I get blood work done, every six months to make sure I'm on the right meds.
My question is: Does it have to be 6 months to the day? I had it done in October but they wouldn't tell me how it came out. All I got was 'if there was something you should know, we'd call you'
I have since moved and am do again in April.

Answer
Hello Joyce,
Warm welcome to you!
You can test the thyroid profile as frequent as it is required. There is no such rule as one should keep an interval of 6 months between two lab tests. Its upto the requirement of doctor for diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Its also upto the convenience and spending capacity of the patient.

Sorry for the delay in replying.
Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni