Thyroid Problems/Thyroid tests

Would like your opinion of my thyroid tests.

Had an ultrasound of my thyroid.  Impression:  Atrophy of the thyroid gland.  No focal thyroid nodule identified.

TSH was 0.04.  (mIU/L)
T4 Free was 1.3. (ng/dL)

I am taking 100 MCG of Levothyroxin.

What does all this mean?

Hello Helen,
Warm welcome to you!
The ultrasound reports indicate auto-immune thyroiditis. If you have signs of goitre, it could be Hashimotos thyroiditis. Otherwise it is a condition called atrophic thyroiditis. I think your levothyroxin medication is too high because its made your TSH below normal range. It could make you hyperthyroid. But if you are experiencing these fluctuation in hormone levels it could mean Hashimotos.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine