Thyroid Problems/Thyroid tests

Question
Would like your opinion of my thyroid tests.

Had an ultrasound of my thyroid.  Impression:  Atrophy of the thyroid gland.  No focal thyroid nodule identified.

TSH was 0.04.  (mIU/L)
T4 Free was 1.3. (ng/dL)

I am taking 100 MCG of Levothyroxin.

What does all this mean?

Answer
Hello Helen,
Warm welcome to you!
The ultrasound reports indicate auto-immune thyroiditis. If you have signs of goitre, it could be Hashimotos thyroiditis. Otherwise it is a condition called atrophic thyroiditis. I think your levothyroxin medication is too high because its made your TSH below normal range. It could make you hyperthyroid. But if you are experiencing these fluctuation in hormone levels it could mean Hashimotos.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni