Thyroid Problems/Hyperthyroid

Hi ... I have a family history of Graves' disease. I recently had routine blood work done and askedt doctor to test my thyroid antibodies. She tested me with a thyroid antibody panel test. My question is is this test sufficient enough in testing for Graves' disease? I mentioned the tsi test and she said she thought it was included in the panel but I don't think so. Anyway the test came back fine but I'm just worried she didn't order the right test. Is  the thyroid panel antibody test enough to detect graves?thank u

Thyroid antibody test is a diagnostic test for graves disease and is most reliable. Its is necessary to confirm its presence even if other tests for graves are positive(according to WHO guidelines) . So dont worry thyroid antibodies panel is sufficient enough for you.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine