Thyroid Problems/Confused

Question
I have been having extremely inconsistent menstrual cycles for years, and recently haven't had one in 10 months. My doctor did a general blood work up and I researched some of the results and from my understanding, I am more hyperthyroid. My doctor wants to medicate me, but she said for hypothyroidism. She said I'm borderline normal, and she wants optimum levels. I have extreme anxiety and talking to my doctor and asking her questions is difficult for me face to face.

Can you better explain my results? TSH: 1.04mIU/L T4 Free: 1.0mg/dL T3 Free: 2.5pg/mL

I'm 23 years old, female, 5 feet 2 inches tall, 105 pounds. Recently I've gained about 10 pounds of fat even though nothing in my diet or exercise routines have changed. I'm always cold to the point of goosebumps, and my mother has an underactive thyroid. Not sure if any of that is helpful. Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Shana,
I agree with your doctor. Your TSH, free T4 are normal but free T3 is slighly low. Also cold intolerance and family history suggests towards hypothyroidism. But anyway please test antithyroid antibodies. Did they do any other lab test? If you have those reports please send me. Also it could be related to adrenal glands as well. You will definitely need to go through some more test to confirm the diagnosis.

Please provide me some detailed information on your menstrual history.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni