Thyroid Problems/Graves disease

Question
Hi doctor.. I shave a few questions I hope you can help with. I have a family history of Graves' disease. I'm a 38 year old woman .... I had a miscarriage  a month ago. I was tested last year for graves and had my antibodies tested also ... Everything was normal. During my pregnsncy my doctor tested my t4 and t3 and both were normal. I went to my primary care p today wanting to test my antibody levels and see if they went up due to the pregnancy and was also wondering if they were elevated could this have caused my miscarriage. She told me not to do the bloodwork until after my menstrual cycle comes back. Do you have any thoughts on this?also ... I am taking a prenatal vitamin which has iodine in it... Do you think I shliuld find one without it because of my family history? It has 10 mg... 150 mcg.... Is this considered high?this amount is in two capsules .... I realized after my miscarriage that the bottle says to take two so for the past month I have been taking 2.Thank you for any advice

Answer
Linda,
Yes. Even I think there is no harm in waiting till your menstrual cycle returns to normal. But menstrual cycle has no direct influence on anti-thyroid antibodies. So you can check them anytime. You can take vitamin supplements containing iodine, it wont be a problem.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni