Thyroid Problems/Natural thyroid boosters?

Is there proven ways to naturally boost thyroid function? My T3 ad T4 levels are low and I'm hoping to go a more natural way, making dietary changes and such before supplementing hormones.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Having apprpriate amount of vit D in your body can boost thyroid function. Also minerals like selenium have shown effect in some cases. But other than that if you are looking for alternative medicines like homeopathy, naturopathy etc. then I dont have any knowledge of that. Also as a science student I dont believe in alternative medicine.

But I can give you guidance on which foods to avoid. The following foods are called goitrogenic foods. Its advisable to avoid these foods. Please see following link to get the complete list.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine