Thyroid Problems/Just wanted to tell you

Question
I just want to share good news with you concerning lab results

UPDATE: IGNORE THIS QUESTION. I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE HEAD OF THE LAB AND THE HEAD OF THE CLINIC. MY THYROID IS PERFECT IT IS NOT UNDERACTIVE AND MY CHOLESTEROL IS PERFECT.

THE TWO DOCTORS THAT TOLD ME THE OPPOSITE YESTERDAY WERE FIRED FOR GIVING ME THE WRONG INFORMATION.

ORIGINAL POST: Can someone explain how this is possible - Lab Results and would you ignore the blood tests

I am very thin and I eat very healthy. Today I went to the clinic for a follow-up visit from two months ago. Blood tests results were in today. The doctor on call told that my CHOLESTEROL is a little high and my thyroid a little underactive. The doctor thinks it is an error from the lab. And the other doctor I saw today as well said the result is not important in my case

I told her it doesn't make any sense - I don't gain weight no matter how much I try and I eat very healthy.

And the doctors didn't seem concerned at all.

PS: HOW DO I CHANGE THE RATING BACK TO A 10

Answer
Debbie,
Good. Atleast your doubts are clear now. I really dont understand how those 2 doctors failed to analyse such simple tests like thyroid profile and serum cholesterol! But its my duty to analyse the case based on the information you give. Since yesterday you told serum cholesterol was elevated and thyroid was under active, I considered hypothyroidism to be a possible diagnosis(though you are unable to gain weight). Because underactive thyroid and elevated choloesterol are suggestive of only hypothyroidism. Its important to note that no other disease has similar presentation. Since now we know that your doctors had failed to analyse your reports properly,there is no question of hypothyroidism.

And dont worry about the ratings. The administrators of the website will take care of it.

I am wondering was it a lab error or your doctors' error?

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni