Thyroid Problems/Thyroid Question

Question
What does this all mean, "diffusely heterogeneous right thyroid lobe with a hyperechoic nodule measuring 1.1 cm?"  This was on my sonogram to look for a clot in my right shoulder area.

Answer
The sonogram looks at all soft tissues present and their report must include any findings. There is a nodule present in your thyroid, but as far as diagnosis there needs to be some sort of correlating history of issue there. It could be nothing, or it could be something they suggest you look into based on your personal health history.  

Thyroid Problems

Dr. Kalli Prater