Thyroid Problems/Thyroid Nodule

Question
My mom had a ultrasound and it showed a nodule or calcium deposit. Doc ordered a CT Scan and currently awaiting results. Should I be overly concerned that it is cancerous? Doc mentioned most cases are non cancerous but am very worried. Thank you

Answer
Nodules can just be signs of inflammation, the follow up CT is the next step in determining if there needs to be further investigation into this or not. Many people have them, which is why further imaging will help. Worrying about it doesn't make your mother better, but I certainly understand the concern.  

Thyroid Problems

Dr. Kalli Prater